Friday, January 11, 2013

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

This year I have really decided to put in a special effort to not only achieve my New Year's Resolutions, but to continue making new resolutions throughout the whole year. My Happiness Project, as I've been calling it, comes from Gretchen Rubin's book, The Happiness Project. I have come up with a goal for each month of 2013. January's focus is to Live in the Moment. This also goes along with #1 of 10 Things I Want to do in 2013- Do One Thing Every Day That Makes You Happy.

Here's how I plan on doing it:

Get dressed! Being pregnant definitely makes me feel like lounging in sweats and no bra all day, but let's face it, that doesn't really make me feel the best. Like it or not, a well put together outfit and some fresh make-up can go a long way.

Walk with a purpose and keep your shoulders back. Not only does it make me feel happier, but I will look happier on the outside too.

Take a bubble bath.

Take time to make something with your hands. I get so much satisfaction from seeing something that I made get finished (and also getting complimented on something you make works like a charm). Lately I have been doing a lot of sewing for the baby's room and drawing in my sketchbook.

Call a friend.

Tidy up! Organizing and cleaning my house makes me feel so energized!

Eat a piece of chocolate.

I would love to keep adding to this list throughout the month, so feel free to post any things that you do to get happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment