So I've been photo editing like crazy! I am way behind on scrapbooking, well "behind" is a bit of an overstatement. More like I have never even started one. So I am gathering all the pictures I have from when my husband and I started dating to now. It's a really big project, but it has been fun to look back over the last couple of years. I have also been editing pictures and wanted to share a couple of my favorites!
I saw these cute ideas on Pinterest and wanted to do my own versions. It was really fun except for the fact that I hate being photographed! I made my husband take A TON of pictures so I could pick out the ones I thought turned out :) The hardest part about having your husband take your pictures is that he always thinks you look much cuter than you actually do. It is a sweet compliment actually, but at the same time it is almost horrifying to look at the pictures of you he thought were cute!
I used basically the same (very simple) steps in Photoshop on these pictures:
1. Create a canvas size the size of the final image that you want (I chose 4"x 6" because I want to scrapbook with these images.)
2. Then divide the canvas into 2 or 3 equal sections and crop your original images to this size.
3. You can then drag the images onto your 4x6 canvas without too much difficulty.
4. I then merged the layers and ran a black and white filter over the complete image, by merging the layers it will create a more cohesive look than changing each image to black and white and then moving it.
5. On the bottom image I added the text "20 Weeks" to represent 20 weeks in the womb and 20 weeks after birth.
I was so happy to catch Holden in almost exactly the same position as his ultrasound picture! What a cutie :) If any of you have done a photo like this feel free to post a link, I would LOVE to see it!